About Cranial Osteopathy in Tilehurst
Cranial Osteopathy in Tilehurst is a subtle type of osteopathic treatment that uses very gentle manipulative pressure to encourage changes throughout the body, as well as the head. We treat the whole body not just the head.
We use our highly trained palpatory skills to detect areas of tension or restriction in the body, and gently release them to restore a state of balance within the musculoskeletal system of the body.
Because the techniques are so gentle Cranial Osteopathy can be used on everyone, from newborns to the elderly.
Frequently patients comment on how much change can be effected so gently, and report improvements in general health and well-being as well as relief from their original symptoms.
Cranial Osteopathy was a further development of osteopathy focusing on the head. The therapy evaluates and treats the craniosacral system – the bones, membranes and fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It was developed by John Upledger in the 1970’s.
The conditions we treat include:
- Generalised aches and pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- Arthritic pain
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain
- Headache arising from the neck / migraine prevention
- Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Joint pains, lumbago
- Muscle spasms
- Inability to relax
- Rheumatic pain
- Minor sports injuries and tension
Our osteopath is: Augusta Wilson
See Our Team for her biography. Augusta offers appointments in Theale, near Reading.
Call 0118 930 3535 to book your appointment.