Osteopathy is a system of diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of medical conditions. It works with the structure and function of the body, and is based on the principle that the well-being of an individual depends on the skeleton, muscles, ligaments and connective tissues functioning smoothly together.
To an osteopath, for your body to work well, its structure must also work well. We work to restore your body to a state of balance, where possible without the use of drugs or surgery. As osteopaths we use touch, physical manipulation, stretching and massage to increase the mobility of joints and to relieve muscle tension. This may also enhance the blood and nerve supply to tissues, and help your body’s own healing mechanisms. We may also provide advice on posture and exercise to aid recovery, promote health and prevent symptoms recurring.
We are based near Reading and assess and treat people of any age from the elderly to the newborn and from pregnant women to sports people.
Conditions we treat
The most common conditions that we treat are:
- Generalised aches and pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- Arthritic pain
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain
- Headache arising from the neck / migraine prevention
- Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Joint pains, lumbago
- Muscle spasms
- Inability to relax
- Rheumatic pain
- Minor sports injuries and tension
The Initial Consultation will take approximately 45 minutes and subsequent appointment will take approximately 30 minutes. If you want to find out more, we will be happy to talk to you.
Initial Consultation : £70
Follow-up session : £55